To educate yourself and others on medication safety for children, download and share the below poster and spread the word about keeping medicines Up and Away and Out of Sight.
Families take medicines and vitamins to feel well or stay well. Any medicine or vitamin can be dangerous if taken in the wrong way or by the wrong person, even medicine you buy without a prescription (known as over-the-counter medicines). Up and Away and Out of Sight is an educational program to remind families about the importance of safe medicine storage. It is an initiative of PROTECT, in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Consumer Healthcare Products Association Educational Foundation and the below organizations.
Help keep children safe by sharing these tips with your friends and family!
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
- Children’s Safety Network
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- National Consumers League
- National Council on Patient Information and Education
- National Safety Council
- Poison Prevention Week Council
- Safe Kids
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Preventive Medicine
- Academic Pediatric Association
- Safe States Alliance